The Cumberland County Youth For Success Initiative (YFS) was created by CCPYDC in an effort to target at risk youth who fall through the cracks. The initiative has been serving county youth since September 2014. Referred youth must be in grades 6-12 and residents of Bridgeton, Millville, or Vineland.
The YFS Initiative seeks to prevent and reduce at-risk and delinquent behaviors of youth in Vineland, Bridgeton, and Millville. We also seek to have a long-term, positive and life enhancing change on the youth referred into the Initiative. The Initiative will case manage up to 50 at-risk middle and high school aged youth to prevent further demonstrations of risky behaviors and advancement to delinquent or criminal behavior.
YFS youth partake in various programs, including: summer camp, field trips to colleges, S.M.A.R.T. Girls, Passport to Manhood, and Career Launch. Students also receive incentives for positive behavior changes.
- Yearly Membership To Boys And Girls Club
- Case Management
- Substance Use Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Family and Individual Counseling
- Job Training and Employment Placement
- Mentoring and Academic Help
Criteria for Participation
- First Time Juvenile Offense
- Chronic Lateness To School
- Chronic Absenteeism From School
- Suspected Gang Involvement
- Defiant Behavior At School
- Engaging In Bullying
- Lead Agency: Boys and Girls Club of Vineland
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cumberland County
- Bridgeton Chaplain Program
- Bridgeton Police Department
- Bridgeton Public Schools
- Cumberland County Department of Employment and Training
- Greater Bridgeton Family Success Center
- Holly City Family Success Center
- Inspira Family Success Center Vineland
- Millville Chaplain Program
- Millville Police Department
- Millville Public Schools
- Vineland Chaplain Program
- Vineland Police Department
- Vineland Public Schools
- Walter Rand Institute of Public Affairs
- Youth Services Advisory Council
For more information or to make a referral, please contact the Boys and Girls Club of Vineland:
Tygh Powell, Case Manager
Phone: (856) 896-0244
Fax: (856) 896-0376
How to Make a Referral
To refer a youth to YFS, please complete BOTH forms below and return them to Tygh Powell at the email address or fax number above.
Want to share this resource? Feel free to distribute the Youth For Success Brochure.